SSSI 2018 is the 10th
international conference in the series of the Solid State Surfaces and Interfaces conferences.
SSSI will be held in the Smolenice Castle, Slovakia
from 19 November to 22 November, 2018.
R E G I S T R A T I O N
The main goal of the conference is to contribute to new knowledge in surface, interface, very-thin films
and ultra-thin films science of inorganic and organic materials by the most rapid interactive manner -
by direct communication among scientists of corresponding research fields. The list of topics indicates that conference interests cover the development of basic theoretical physical and chemical principlesand performance of surfaces-, thin films-, and interface-related processes, and corresponding experimental research on atomic scale. Topical results are applied at development of new inventive industrial equipments needed for investigation of electrical, optical, and structural properties, and other parameters of atomic-size research objects. The conference range spreads, from physical point of view, from fundamental research done on sub-atomic and quantum level to production of devices built on new physical principles.
The conference topics include also presentation of principially new devices in following fields: solar cells, liquid crystal displays, high-temperature superconductivity, and sensors. During the event, special attention will be given to evaluation of scientific and technical quality of young scientists, to deep ecological meaning of solar cell energy production, and to exhibitions of companies.
Organizing Committee of the SSSI 2018
The conference continues in the tradition of meetings since 1998 and the current event is the 10th of this series.
• Physics and Chemistry of Atomically Clean Surfaces
• Physics and Chemistry of Surface and Interface Defect States
• Physics and Chemistry of Ultra-and Very-Thin Film Growth
• Physics and Chemistry of Interfaces with Ultra- and Very-thin Films
• Role of Interfaces in LTS and HTS Structures
• New Approaches at Formation and Investigation of Ultra- and Very-thin Films
• Low Temperature Plasma- and Low Energy Ion-Surface Interactions Related with Formation of Thin Films
• Nanotechnology and Nanostructured Materials
• Nanostructures in Cryoelectronics
• Single- and Multi-layer Based Devices and Applications
• Role of Negative Ions in Thin Film Growth
• Thin Film-based Photovoltaic and MOSFET Devices