The main goal of the conference is to contribute to new knowledge in surface, interface, very-thin films
and ultra-thin films science of inorganic and organic materials by the most rapid interactive manner -
by direct communication among scientists of corresponding research fields. The list of topics indicates that conference interests cover the development of basic theoretical physical and chemical principlesand performance of surfaces-, thin films-, and interface-related processes, and corresponding experimental research on atomic scale. Topical results are applied at development of new inventive industrial equipments needed for investigation of electrical, optical, and structural properties, and other parameters of atomic-size research objects. The conference range spreads, from physical point of view, from fundamental research done on sub-atomic and quantum level to production of devices built on new physical principles.
The conference topics include also presentation of principially new devices in following fields: solar cells, liquid crystal displays, high-temperature superconductivity, and sensors. During the event, special attention will be given to evaluation of scientific and technical quality of young scientists, to deep ecological meaning of solar cell energy production, and to exhibitions of companies.
Organizing Committee of the SSSI 2016
The conference continues in the tradition of meetings since 1998 and the current event is the 9th of this series.
• Physics and Chemistry of Atomically Clean Surfaces
• Physics and Chemistry of Surface and Interface Defect States
• Physics and Chemistry of Ultra-and Very-Thin Film Growth
• Physics and Chemistry of Interfaces with Ultra- and Very-thin Films
• Role of Interfaces in LTS and HTS Structures
• New Approaches at Formation and Investigation of Ultra- and Very-thin Films
• Low Temperature Plasma- and Low Energy Ion-Surface Interactions Related with Formation of Thin Films
• Nanotechnology and Nanostructured Materials
• Nanostructures in Cryoelectronics
• Single- and Multi-layer Based Devices and Applications
• Role of Negative Ions in Thin Film Growth
• Thin Film-based Photovoltaic and MOSFET Devices
Venue: Town Piešťany is located in the western part of the country within the Trnava Region. It is the biggest and best known spa town in Slovakia.
It can be reached by bus or train connection from Trnava or Bratislava.
Weather in the end of November is usually slightly foggy (maybe with snow) and air temperature ranging of -5 C to +10 C.